Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hate Ike, love bikes

I needed a new outlet for procrastination that was more productive than facebook. And a new way to compete with Henri since I am now beating him going up hills on the bicycle. Thus Illuminati Pants was born. I'm not sure if this will be productive, but facebook's stalker feed has been letting me down lately, and it's definitely better than memorizing amino acids.

Right now my life is being taken over by animals - mostly in the form of foster kittens. Fostering kittens is the optimal choice for maximal cuteness and minimal commitment. Or so it seems at first. They are constantly getting themselves into trouble, and needing things like food and water (psh). Really they are cute enough to warrant whatever they put me through. But the worst part is saving the kittens from Henri - he is like a 6 year old that's never had a cat and wants to eat it for breakfast. We have to give our current pair of kittens back on Friday. Which is good, because I am falling in love with one of them, named Stitch because I think she is an alien.After they get adopted at Town Lake Animal Center, total number of kitties saved from euthanasia by Illuminati Pants = 4.


Have you ever had to find a wedding photographer? It is like watching the movie "Envy." I remember during the ten-minute monologue involving "Vapoorizer," I was slouching ever more into my chair, wanting to melt into a puddle on the floor, detesting myself for being part of a society that would pay money to watch something so terrible. But perhaps we are all masochists. Wedding photography, for the most part, is soft focus filters and black and white pictures where only the roses are colored red. I have a strong stomach - Lucky puking up her breakfast and capturing fresh kitten stool samples don't make me think twice- but looking at those wedding pictures made me nauseas. Trying to find a wedding photographer was painful. But I found an oasis in the desert, and his name is Jake Holt. He will save me from Wedding Industrial Complex-induced self mutilation.

I am getting a mountain bike on Saturday. Zing!

1 comment:

Chris said...

You need Dave McLaughlin. He's awesome, and a bike racer. Hooray!

http://www.dcmphotography.com