- Fly to NYC
- Eat dinner at Rock & Roll Thai (mmm sushi and Thai iced tea)
- Walk Bailey in Central Park
- Group run around Jackie O's Reservoir in Central Park (21 degrees F!!! and F doesn't stand for Farenheit)
- NY Bagels at H&H
- Fight Yankees at the Post Office
- Dylan's Candy Store (real candy in the steps, cool but we had to evacuate because it was absolutely insanely packed)
- NY Pizza for lunch (never fails to be awesome, but I always wish I had ranch to go with it!)
- See the Ritz-Carlton Hotel (nightly room rates range from $1,000 to $14,000 but they allow ANY type of pet!)
Chandelier at the Ritz
- Rockefeller Center
- the Broadway musical Billy Elliot (AMAZING!!!) at the Imperial Theater (where my uncle, a stagehand, once "performed" in Chess - there were moving stage parts and my uncle had to sit inside of one for 8 hours at a time - at least he had a TV)
Imperial Theater Chandelier
- Dinner at the Cosmic Diner
- Kristen turns 24 in NYC
- Josh and Henri run (no Kristen and Emily, since we maintain sanity occasionally)
- Shopping at H&M - why can't there be one in Austin? (Incidentally, H&M is a Finnish clothing company and the Finns view the store as akin to Wal-Mart clothing... They replace H & M with "Huono & Mauton" which translates to "Bad & Tasteless.")
- Finally bought tights at a store called Strawberry Jam - only to find them cheaper at a Houston Target
- Saw Cirque du Soleil's Wintuk at Madison Square Garden
- Ate Indian food at the Tandoori Oven
- Went to the Comic Strip comedy club
- Family sang Happy Birthday badly to me :) and Em made me a delicious cake which I graciously shared
- Woke up to SNOW!
- Went shopping at Goodwill and found an awesome pea coat on tha cheapz
- Walked through snowy Central Park
Pictures in Central Park
- Museum of Natural History (left much to be desired...)
- Dinner at Johnny Rockets (They were supposed to sing, but apparently we went to the wrong one. They did, however, have mini-jukeboxes at the table so you could commandeer the entire restaurant with your choice of music.)
- Henri and I watched fireworks over a lake at Central Park. There was also a 5K starting right at midnight in the same place.
- Kristen drank 2 shots and Long Island iced tea at local bars, followed by champagne and Irish cream at Em's. She rediscovered her relationship with the porcelain god.
- Kristen recovered and Henri stayed with her, while Mom, Em, Josh and Haley went shopping in Union Square and the East Village, and saw the shopping cart escalator at Whole Foods.
- A loooong airplane ride back home :)