Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Almost a 3VM!

We are picking out our electives for next year! We have 19 required hours in the fall, and 16 in the spring, including large and small animal medicine and JUNIOR SURGERY!!! On top of that, we have to take at least 14 hours of classes (over both semesters) of our own choosing. I have finally decided on what I want to take. Here are the courses I am pretty sure I'll get:

  • Basic Equine Handling (should be fun, and help me with my nonexistent horse handling skills)
  • Emergency Medicine (includes a super-helpful hands-on lab)
  • Interactive Emergency Medicine (case-based)
  • Feline Medicine (taught by the best feline vet in the world, and he has an awesome accent)
  • Physical Medicine, Rehabilitation, Pain Management (I've become really passionate about this since Parka was diagnosed with hip dysplasia)
  • Small Animal Clinical Cardiology
  • Small Animal Dentistry
  • Small Animal Dermatology
  • Small Animal Gasteroenterology (this prof scares other people/keeps me awake)
  • Small Animal Nutrition
  • Diagnostic Cytology
  • Oxygen Delivery

Classes I *might* get:

  • Small Animal Endocrine (I've never really "gotten" endocrine, and this prof is extremely well spoken)
  • Diagnostic Echocardiogram (we get to echo our own dogs!)

It would be a miracle if I could get these classes:

  • Electrocardiography
  • Common Complaints (small group discussions on the most common complaints owners have about their pets)

No comments: